Yoga Teacher Training 2019 in Berlin
200 hours Yoga Alliance certified course
For the 5th year Freistilyoga hosts a 200 hours intensive Yoga Teacher Training taught by Yogi Sivadas in Berlin. The holistic training programme includes comprehensive tuition from one of India's foremost Yoga masters. By the end of the course, you will be a Yoga Alliance certified yoga instructor with a head start on a fulfilling career as a Yoga teacher.
Yogi Sivadas has over thirty years of experience teaching and living Yoga. He is the founder and head teacher of the Kailash Tribal School in Dharamsala in Northern India, and has set hundreds of students on their path as Yoga teachers. His style of teaching is open-minded and humorous, allowing students to find and nurture their own Yoga practice.
Teaching will be in a small group of up to 10 people with plenty of individual supervision and guidance.
Check out our FAQ-Sheet for more information.
- 7,5 contact hours per day
- Learn from one of India's best Yoga teachers
- Modern Yoga practice based on Hatha and Vinyasa
- Holistic classical approach towards Yoga that goes beyond contemporary "brands".
4 weeks intensive Yoga teacher training in English
In 2019 we are offering two possible times for the yoga teacher training.
- Winter course: 03.01.2019 – 30.01.2019
- Summer course: 01.06.2019 - 28.06.2019
- Price: 3450€
- early bird price: 3150€ (till 31 October 2018 for the winter course / till 29 February 2019) write early to secure your spot!
- Yes, we accept state scholarships like 'Bildungsprämie'.
- Asanas / Theory and Practice
- Breathing Techniques
- Yoga Philosophy, History, Lifestyle, Ethics
- Patanjali sutras
- Hands on / Corrections
- Anatomy and Physiology for Yoga Teachers
- Teaching Methodology and Business Planning
- Mudras, Bandhas and Kriyas
Typical daily schedule (details subject to change):
- 09.00 to 11.00 - Morning Asana class
- 11.00 to 12.00 - Chanting & breathing techniques, meditation, cleansing techniques
- 12.00 to 13.30 - Lunch break, time to organize, study, complete open book assignments
- 13.30 to 16.00 - Lecture (yoga principles / philosophy / history / Patanjali sutras / Asana Theory / including a break)
- 16.00 to 18.00 - Evening Asana class
- 18.00 and after - Free time, organization of daily notes, reading, work on weekly assignments
- Every Tuesday - Free day, no contact hours, time for rest, and open book assignment
Applicants should have practised yoga consistently for 2 years prior to the course and should be able to demonstrate a general level of health and fitness.
The studio is located in Gubener Straße 44 in Berlin Friedrichshain.
The studio is located between 2 tube-stops: Warschauer Straße (U1 / S-Bahn) and Weberwiese (U5). It’s an 8 minute walk from these stops to the studio.
Staying in Berlin
We're not offering accomodation but will gladly be of assistance when it comes to organizing your stay in Berlin.
For testimonials on Yogi Sivadas' Kailash Tribal School and previous teacher trainings click here.
Its easy to sign in for our yoga teacher training. Just follow these few steps:
2. You'll receive an email to confirm your application. With this email you'll also get our bank details to pay the deposit in order to secure your spot. The deposit is 500€ (non refundable). After we received your payment you'll get another email, confirming your enrollment. We accept payment via direct wire transfer or Paypal. Please note that in case of paying via PayPal a transaction fee will be added to the costs of the training.
3. The remaining amount of the price has to be transferred until the 31 December 2018 for the winter course / by the 31 May for the Summer course.
Our Yoga Teacher Training operates on a strict refund and cancellation policy. If you have any questions relating to the policy or you feel your specific case hasn’t been covered by the policy, contact us and we will deal with your question on an individual basis.
- Winter course: Should an applicant cancel upon or prior to 24 December 2018, 50% of the total will be refunded.
- Summer course: Should an applicant cancel up on or prior to 15 April 2018, 50% of the total will be refunded.
- Winter course: Should an applicant cancel the course on or after 25 December 2018, or remain absent without prior notice, no refund will be offered.
Summer course: Should an applicant cancel the course on or after 16 April 2018, or remain absent without prior notice, no refund will be offered.
- Freistilyoga reserves the right to cancel the programme at any time due to an emergency situation or low enrolment. In this case, the applicant will receive 100% refund of payment.
- Freistilyoga reserves the right to expel any student from the course due to misbehaviour, failing to attend the programme or persistently attending late or for behaving disrespectfully towards the teacher or fellow classmates. In that case, no refund will be given.
Accepted payment methods
We accept direct wire transfer, Paypal and payments in cash.
Got any questions?
Call Eric: 0049 (0) 1705430829